The Canadian Skin Patient Alliance (CSPA) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to advocating for, educating, and supporting Canadians affected by skin, hair, and nail conditions.
To achieve our mission:
- We raise awareness about the impacts of skin conditions.
- We educate on a variety of issues affecting skin patients, their families, and caregivers.
- We advocate for best care and treatment options for all skin patients.
- We facilitate patient engagement in dermatological research.
- We support and collaborate with our Affiliate Member organizations that work with specific skin patient communities such as those living with acne, scleroderma, melanoma, and psoriasis.
Education and Raising Awareness
Too many skin patients suffer in silence. CSPA highlights the impacts of skin conditions in nationwide awareness campaigns. The goal of these campaigns is to create and share information that will lead to better understanding, earlier diagnosis, improved health outcomes and quality of life.
Explore our website to learn about specific conditions, how to access clinical trials, in-depth CSPA national reports, and how we advocate for your rights to care, treatments, and support through our (patient-focused) submissions to federal and provincial policy consultations.
CSPA is a hub for all who deal with dermatology issues. At CSPA, we work closely with our Medical Advisory Board, the dermatology community, and our Affiliate Member organizations to provide you with knowledge and resources that we hope will ease your burden.
The CSPA's fiscal year runs from July 1st to June 30th. Below are the annual reports highlighting the CSPA's activities as presented at our AGM