The CSPA is dedicated to maintaining high standards of confidentiality with respect to information entrusted to it, including that received via this Website. This notice has been prepared to inform you of CSPA’s practices concerning the collection, use and disclosure of information about identified individuals, or individuals whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information provided to the CSPA via the use of this public Website only.
This Website uses session cookies to track Website usage. Session cookies track a user's progression through a Website (or Websites) in a single visit. These cookies enable a Web server to remember things as you progress from one page to another. Persistent cookies do not erase themselves, and they remain on your computer until you erase them using your browser settings.
A visitor to this Website is not required to reveal any individually identifiable information, such as name, address, or telephone number. However, such information will be collected by members who chose to sign up to any CSPA website. This information will be collected and stored by the CSPA via our secured server located in Canada.
Please note that for security purposes and to ensure that this Website remains available for use, the CSPA employs software programs to monitor network traffic, to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, and to prevent denial-of-service attacks or other attacks intended to cause damage. Such activities will result in the collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses but such IP addresses are not associated with, or connected to, particular pages accessed within the Member Portal (or within this Website).
The CSPA understands that medical information is of an especially sensitive nature and that you may have concerns about sharing medical and other personal information with us. We believe in giving you control over the amount of information we receive about you. Where possible, we allow you to give as much or as little personal information to us as you feel comfortable providing. We will never willfully sell, trade, rent, disclose, or make available personally identifiable information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission.
We do our best to keep our website a safe environment. As a member you agree to the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam).
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access our website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on our website.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content (including photos, images and words) that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use our website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Safety Statement.
Registration and Account Security
The following are some commitments you make to the CSPA relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain.
- You will not sign up for our website if you are under 13.
- You will not use our website if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it to be inappropriate.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect our website users to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on our website that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks without our written permission.
- You will not collect information from users.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- You will not involve other users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing our website.
Update of our statements
We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.